INFORMATION: SCHOOL and HOSTEL FEES
Application for exemption of fees – Download Microsoft Word Document
ANNUAL School and Hostel fees are due on the first day of the School year. To accommodate Parents, the annual fee is divided into TEN monthly installments. The annual fee is calculated on a daily basis should your child arrive or leave during the School year. FIRST PAYMENT to be paid in January before or on the day the School opens and the last by 31 October of each year. Boarders must produce proof of payment before they will be allowed to enter the Hostel.
FEES must be paid before the 7th of each month for that month unless you provide proof of a standing STOP ORDER or Debit Order on the 15th or 25th of the month.
Parents must give written notice, one month in advance, before removing children from School or Hostel. All books must be returned and all outstanding fees must be settled. Should you remove your child without prior notice you remain liable for the full Term’s fee as stipulated on the Schedule of Fees.
PAYMENT INCENTIVE the SGB approved 5% discount on annual fees. ONLY IF ALL FEES ARE SETTLED in full BEFORE the last day of TERM ONE.
STATEMENTS are periodically emailed to you or Balances SMS’d to you. No Statements are posted. Parents are welcome to request and collect printed statements from the office at any time. All parents receive the Fee Information and Schedule of Fees when they register their child and ‘not receiving a statement’ is not a valid excuse for not paying fees on time.
We ask parents to pay Fees as follows:
- Stop Order: A stop order is an authorization by a PARENT TO HIS OWN BANK to deduct, at regular intervals, a fixed amount of money from his account and pay it over to someone else (the SCHOOL).
- Pay at any ABSA branch / ATM / EFT / CELL phone
- NO Cash will be accepted at the School.
School and Hostel Fees must be paid into the Greytown High School bank account:-
ABSA Account: 711 709 584 Bc: 632005
BENEFICIARY REFERENCE also called THEIR REFERENCE: Account No CHILD’S SURNAME & NAME
(please find 3 digit reference number on the top right hand side of Statement called ‘Account Number’ or call me for the number)
Email email@example.com / fax (086 556 0274) proof of payment / send the slip with your child to School to ensure that the payment is allocated correctly. (Many learners have the same names, initials and surnames so it is extremely important that you use the correct reference). Please add your contact number should we need to get in touch with you. Any and all correspondence with or emails to the School must please contain your child’s name, surname and grade and your telephone number.
REDUCTION OF FEES Application forms for DAY SCHOLARS living in Greytown are available in the Office. The Application forms must be completed in full and submitted together with ALL accompanying documents to the Financial Office before the end of February. If you need help completing the forms, please feel free to come to the office. You must re-apply every year for Reduction of Fees and submit the supporting documents every year to be considered.
Parents of Greytown High School Boarders don’t qualifyand may NOT apply for Reduction of fees. Parents who live in other towns with access to Schools closer to them don’t qualifyfor Reduction of fees at Greytown High School, however, they may apply as each application will be considered on its own merit.
KEEP PROOF OF PAYMENT SLIPS and check your statement to make sure all your payments reflect. If you pay for anything other than Fees, please let me know. Please don’t hesitate to call should you have any queries.
Maggie van Rooyen
SCHEDULE OFFEES: 2020 – To be read in conjunction with ‘Registration Contract’
FACILITY TO PAY AS FOLLOWS:
ALL FEES MUST BE
- PAID MONTHLY, IN ADVANCE BEFORE THE 7TH OF EACH MONTH
- PAID AT ABSA BANK
- PAID IN 10 MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS
- PAID IN FULL BY 31 OCTOBER
R13 356 pa R2 007 on or before 15 JANUARY 2020 plus
R1 261 pm for NINE monthly installments
HOSTEL (R38 489 + R13 356 = R 51 845)
R51 845 pa R5 189 on or before 14 JANUARY 2019plus
R5 184 pm for NINE monthly installments
IF the annual fee is paid in full BEFORE 20 MARCH 2020 you will receive 5% DISCOUNT
SCHOOL FEE WILL BECOME R12 688
HOSTEL FEE WILL BECOME R49 253
- School and Hostel Fees cannot be paid selectively. Any payment received for learners in the Boarding Establishment will be allocated first to tuition fees and thereafter to Boarding Fees.
- All Boarders who end the year with arrear fees will lose their place in Hostel for the following year.
- All unpaid School & Hostel fees will be handed over to School Lawyers or Collection Agencies for collection without further written notice. Parents will be reminded from time to time via SMS / emails or printed statements (upon request), of outstanding fees (No statements are posted)
- Should your child be suspended from School and/or Hostel due to discipline problems or behavior issues, you remain liable for the FULL fee during the suspension period. Should your child leave School or Hostel without prior notice, you remain liable for the full Term’s fees during which he/she left School or moved out or Hostel.
- It remains your responsibility to inform the School at least one month in advance, in writing, should your child leave the School or move out of the Hostel. Partial fees for children leaving or arriving during the School year, are calculated on a daily basis according to a partial fee formula.
- Textbooks will only be issued to learners whose School Fees are up to date. Learners whose fees are in arrear will have the option to rent books from School or purchase their own Textbooks.
It remains the Parents’ responsibility to make sure that all books are returned to the Book Room at the end of each year or when you remove your child from School as you will be charged for all unreturned / lost or damaged books. (+- R200 per book)